Snowflake Premium equine wood pellets are made from UK sourced 100% virgin softwood. The wood is compressed to form a pellet using only lignin which is naturally found in the wood to bind them. Wood pellets make a lovely, warm fluffy bed that is very absorbent, being able to soak up to 3 times their volume in water, locking in odours too. The pellets are fully biodegradable and rot down quickly on the muck heap into a rich compost. The clean, green, economical and easy to use alternative to traditional wood based equestrian bedding. 30L bags£7.00
Snowfake Softchip is a popular alternative to traditional wood shavings. Manufactured from premium softwood to the same exacting standards as other products in the Snowflake range, Softchip has several advantages:£6.95
- Dust extracted for a healthy respiratory system. Minimising dust levels within the stable environment is essential to help your horse maintain peak health and fitness.
- Free draining and highly absorbent. Allows wet to drain away freely to the bottom layer, ensuring that the surface of the bed remains dry.
- Quick and easy to maintain. Droppings are easily removed little waste whilst the underlying wet patches are quickly removed by fork.
- A naturally warm, soft and comfortable product with a pine fresh odour. The bedding improves stability under foot and offers very little movement.
- Doesn't cling to manes, tails or rugs. The bedding stays in the stable and not on your horse! Reduces grooming time and saves on waste.
- Environmentally friendly natural wood fibre. Sourced from sustainable resources in the UK, the bedding makes excellent compost after use.
Standard only by name, Snowflake Standard bales are made from premium mixed virgin wood shavings and softwood Snowflake Softchip. Snowflake Standard offers the benefits of woodshavings - a naturally warm, soft and comfortable bed with with a fresh, pleasant odour and the durability of Softchip - a greater support under hoof which minimises bedding movement. The high absorbency rate of the bedding provides ease of use, generating little waste and works out to be cost effective with minimal bedding top up required. As with all our Snowflake products, Standard are manufactured through our advanced dust extracted process which minimises dust levels in the stable, supporting a healthy respiratory system for you and your horse. The bales are 120 litres and approximately 20kg in weight.£8.55